Re: Auto Flash Slideshow

gandhi89 wrote:

is it possible to add the url target with this auto.php?

Just curious if this was possible myself.

Addinall,
If you are seeing the OOPs error, it means there is an issue with flashdetect.js.  You probably just need to re-upload it in binary mode.

Sondzin,
The issue in your case is that you are calling so.write("flashcontent"); twice, and the second one is overwriting the first.  They are both writting to the same div.

To fix, change one of your div names, and call so.write to the different div names.  Hope that helps.

Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it.
-- Rene Descartes

fakeasdf wrote:

I create my XML files dynamically in C# in an ASP.NET environment.  I.......

I don't know how to do it in windows, so I modified to php to create an xml on the server. This allows me to add captions later

I am having trouble with this slide show. I am rather new to web design and was wondering if someone can help me. I am attempting to use the auto.php with my slide show. All I get when I load it up in my browser is a black box or a grey box with a link in the corner. I can not get it to view my pictures. I use little oaks hosting. Here is what I have embedded in my rapidweaver page. Here is the test page: www.brianzieske.com/page0/page0.html and here is the page I would actually like it to show up on and replace the photo on the left: http://www.brianzieske.com/Sounds/page7.html

<html>
    <head>
        <title>FlashNifties Flash Slideshow</title>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="flashdetect.js"></script>
        </head>
    <body>

<div id="flashcontent">
            <h1>Oops!</h1>
            <p>It looks like you don't have flash player 6 installed. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" >Click here</a> to go to Macromedia download page.
            </p>
    </div>

<script type="text/javascript">
            var so = new SWFObject("slideshow.swf?file=auto.php", "gallery", "435", "300", "6", "#000000");
            so.addVariable("file", "slideshow.xml");
            so.write("flashcontent");
        </script>

</body>
</html>

Auto PHP
$file_dir="/images"; //change this to a folder name

Ok, so I got it to work. My one question is can you use this slide show with out constraining the size and dimensions. My pictures are all different shapes and when I put it in this player it forces them to be one size. I would like to bypass that and let the sizes be variable. Is this possible?

Thanks

You can set imageScaling="none" in the settings.

Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it.
-- Rene Descartes

Hello,  thank you for creating this code.  I am trying to figure out how to control the margin around the Stage.  Here is where I have used the auto.php program - www.ulivelife.com.  You will see the bottles popping up, there is a heavy margin on the right of the Stage that i cannot seem to get rid of.  I thought it was the padder, spacing, or border, but nothing seems to work.   The overall pictures are 72 px X 165 px.  Here are my settings in auto.php:print '<?xml version=

Here is what i meant to post:

transitionSpeed=".7"
                transitionType="Fade"
                motionType="Strong"
                motionEasing="easeInOut"
                randomize="false"
                slideshowWidth="auto"
                slideshowHeight="auto"
                slideshowX="center"
                slideshowY="10"
                bgColor="FFFFFF"
                bgOpacity="100"
                useHtml="true"
                showHideCaption="true"
                captionBg="000000"
                captionBgOpacity="40"
                captionTextSize="11"
                captionTextColor="FFFFFF"
                captionBold="false"
                captionPadding="7"
                showNav="true"
                autoHideNav="true"
                navHiddenOpacity="15"
                navX="center"
                navY="185"
                btnColor="FFCC00"
                btnHoverColor="ffffff"
                btnShadowOpacity="70"
                btnGradientOpacity="20"
                btnScale="120"
                btnSpace="10"
                navBgColor="333333"
                navBgAlpha="95"
                navCornerRadius="20"
                navBorderWidth="2"
                navBorderColor="FFFFFF"
                navBorderAlpha="100"
                navPadding="10"
                tooltipSize="8"
                tooltipColor="000000"
                tooltipBold="true"
                tooltipFill="FFFFFF"
                tooltipStrokeColor="000000"
                tooltipFillAlpha="80"
                tooltipStroke="0"
                tooltipStrokeAlpha="0"
                tooltipCornerRadius="8"
                loaderWidth="200"
                loaderHeight="1"
                loaderColor="FF0000"
                loaderOpacity="100"
                slideshowMargin="-5"
                captionsY="absbottom"

Fran in listening to lectures, the want to use the projector screen projection color slide images taken with the camera down, more dark because the venue, he used the flash. This photo shoot:
(A) rather not see the image projected onto the screen, it touches the screen out some of the stain film
(B) colorful, more clearly than without flash
(C) color is

Hi all,

There´s any way to tell the applet to re-run the auto.php each X minutes to look for new folder contents ?

What i intend to have :
    1) applet is presenting the initial XML config with 20 items and a cache of 5 items that are pre-loaded
    2) when is presenting the 15th item (5 to go to the end) it requests the auth.php URL checking for a new XML config
    3) if it´s the same, it will loop the current presentation.
        if it´s a new XML, with new items, start preloading them while presenting the old XML config sequence till the 20th item.
     4) instead of looping the old config, start presenting the newest sequence after the end of current.

Can it be ?

Last edited by theunf (2010-06-03 02:33:01)

mike63 wrote:

there is a heavy margin on the right of the Stage that i cannot seem to get rid of.

I don't see the margin.  It looks like you solved the issue.

-- Rene Descartes

Alex,

Could you see post 35 ? There´s any way to do it or use a javascript, instead of reloadind the page, to tel Slideshow to run auto script again ?

theunf wrote:

There´s any way to tell the applet to re-run the auto.php each X minutes to look for new folder contents ?

What i intend to have :
    1) applet is presenting the initial XML config with 20 items and a cache of 5 items that are pre-loaded
    2) when is presenting the 15th item (5 to go to the end) it requests the auth.php URL checking for a new XML config
    3) if it´s the same, it will loop the current presentation.
        if it´s a new XML, with new items, start preloading them while presenting the old XML config sequence till the 20th item.
     4) instead of looping the old config, start presenting the newest sequence after the end of current.

Can it be ?

This cannot be achieve without customization.  Let's continue this topic over email.

-- Rene Descartes

Hello,

Can someone upload a slideshow.html file example because I cannot make it work please?
(I get couple of errors)

Thank you