Re: Auto XML Gallery - automatically load all images in a folder

I have uploaded all my pictures to the correct map but not all the picturtes appear,  .jpg appears but .JPG dont appear.
is it possible to change something in the script to read the .JPG to?

Thanks in advance..

Find this line:
if(substr($file, -3) == "jpg" || substr($file, -3) == "jpeg" ){
change it to:
if(substr($file, -3) == "jpg" || substr($file, -3) == "jpeg" || substr($file, -3) == "JPG" ){

Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it.
-- Rene Descartes

I am working on a site for a client and I can't get the auto.php to work. I can get the gallery to show correctly with just the xml, but I cannot get the auto.php to work. I have spent almost 5 hours trying to figure this out. The wierd thing is I can see the xml output in IE but not in FF3. The gallery just has a blank box and nothing else.

Can you please help? I really don't know what else could be wrong. I am using the component to embed the gallery in a .fla and I have the datasource pointed to the auto.php

We communicated over email.  I believe your issue has been resolved.  If you still need help, please post a link to your gallery here.

Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it.
-- Rene Descartes

This issue has been resolved. Thanks

The admins and developers are great. Good Job.

Simulation pret immobilier

caramel1982, what issue are you referring to? I don't see a post from you about any issues and as far as the issue I had with the auto gallery not working, well it still isn't. I just told the client that he has to deal with updating the xml manually.
Would love to know what you were talking about though.

simulation credit auto
I am not so knowledgeable about this matter. So I have to learn it. Thanks for the post.

I have the component embedded in a movie to use the auto script do I "set the data source in the component parameters to point to auto.php instead of your xml" (meaning XML File: auto.php) OR "pass the variable file_to_load, with the location of the auto script to the swf file after it has fully loaded" (if so, how is that done?)

Thanks...

Riote,
If you are using the component in your own flash file, you will need to set the data source in the component parameters.

-- Rene Descartes

Make sure all your images are jpgs and you cleared your cache.

-- Rene Descartes

If you use the auto script, you are stuck with the title of the image.  If you want to use full captions and custom links, use xml.

-- Rene Descartes

I can help you with the ASP script. If you email me the functionality of the php script, I can revert with the appropriate ASP scripts.

Alex wrote:

At this time I don't have an asp script.  I am not familiar with asp.  If anybody knows asp, and would like to write this simple script, I would love to post it here for everyone to use.

You will get a commercial copy of the xmlGallery component or any other product from this site for your troubles.

Last edited by ilyas (2009-08-26 12:20:41)

Is it possible to use something else than a question mark:

xmlGallery.swf?file_to_load=auto.php

Since this doesn

You can pass the variable in as a flashvar:
so.addVariable("file_to_load", "auto.php");
this will goright before so.write... in the HTML.

-- Rene Descartes

I recently found a nice simple, very customizable flash script by Flash Nifties that can automatically create flash slideshows just by pointing the html code to a directory of images. I found a lot of information about that script in a video I once viewed on video search http://www.tubehome.com  I'm currently using it on the front page of my site. Is there any way I can direct this to a Gallery image directory? It doesn't work if I try and link it to a folder in the g2data directory. Any ideas? I would love to be able to embed a flash slideshow like this in my blog postings when I post new photos.
Thanks,
Michael.

I realize this is probably a stupid question, but I've followed the directions here and my images are not automatically loading.

Here is the page I'm trying to make work:
http://pstudio.whsites.net/test/exterio … decks.html

There are multiple galleries on the website as a whole, each located in its own folder with all of the Flash Nifties files and an images folder for that particular gallery in one place.  (This link is for the custom decks page, which is in the custom decks folder, which is in the main directory.)

When I updated the auto.php file, I kept the first line as

ramzz03 wrote:

Is there any way I can direct this to a Gallery image directory?

Sure.  In auto.php set the path to be that of your gallery folder.

-- Rene Descartes

Is it possible to create a zoom ( + ) ( - ) in the large image?

Thanks...

Not with this gallery. This feature is available with Flash Galley Pro:
http://flashnifties.com/products/flash-gallery-pro/

-- Rene Descartes

Can the flash gallery pro work with the auto.php to automatic load images from the folder?

I downloaded Flash Galley Pro but when i open it, it says " unexpected file format"
I use flash cs3...

Flash Gallery Pro can be set up to automatically load images. Get auto.php an instructions here:
http://www.flashnifties.com/support/vie … hp?id=2607

I think the fla was saved for CS4 during the last update. I will update this evening.

-- Rene Descartes

Thanks for the quick response

prox91 wrote:

I downloaded Flash Galley Pro but when i open it, it says " unexpected file format"
I use flash cs3...

The gallery has been updated to be compatible with Flash CS3.  Please re-download.

-- Rene Descartes